Uptown Ink Young Writers Contest!
Submit your writing and art for a chance to win all the fame, fortune, and glory that Uptown Ink has to offer!
We are accepting writing and art work across genres until May 1st.
- Short stories
- 2-D Visual Art
- Age groups: each genre is broken into three age categories
- Eligibility: authors and artist must be 8-18. All work must be original.
- Language: accepting submissions in English and Spanish.
- Dual submissions: accepting dual submissions. Please let us know immediately if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
- Multiple submissions: are allowed in different categories. Please only submit one piece per category.
- Submission fee: free!
A winner from each age group in each category will:
- Be published on Uptown Ink—this digital literary journal!
- Receive one of these Uptown Stories t-shirts!
- Out of those 12 winners, the top three across all genres and age groups will be published in our next printed anthology (like this one)!
- Which is sold at local Washington Heights businesses, as well as on Amazon.
- These winers will receive a physical copy of the anthology, with their work printed inside.
Need some inspiration? Check out our newest submissions to get a taste of what Uptown Ink is all about!